We’re acknowledging the customs of holiday-season gifting while also being more mindful of the carbon that we, as a society, create. The challenges that we will explore at this workshop will provide you with solutions that enable you and your community to deal with questions of potential “waste” — learn to sew, turn that piece of fabric into a piece of gift-worthy art, and lower your carbon footprint with us.
Check out our workshop if you are:
- Someone exploring your interest in fashion, clothes-making, art-making, and climate change. This workshop will introduce you to basic sewing technicalities and expand your creative process to include universal designs that are ideal for all kinds of people — irrespective of their special abilities or disabilities — and the planet.
- Someone who has a disability and is independently caring for yourself. This workshop will equip you with basic fabric-playing skills (who says you can’t gift yourself?) that enable you to re-style, re-fashion, redesign your existing clothes, and improve their functionality to better meet your needs.
- Someone who is a caregiver. You know best about the challenges in the dressing processes of your loved ones, as well as the kind of art that would put a smile on their face. This workshop is a moment to focus on creating a special something for that person. Perhaps there is a piece of fabric that holds a story of the two of you, and it just needs a bit of jazzing up to become an unforgettable gift.
What You Will Learn :
- The 4 sessions would cover sewing towards different products:
– Design Thinking by getting into the process of creative problem solving
– Sewing basics and reconstruction techniques
– Preparation of fabric pieces
– The carbon footprint of the textile industry and your wardrobe (and how you can reduce it)
$80 per pax for a single session.
Toolkits and fabrics are available for sharing.
$280 per pax for 4 sessions.
Inclusive of a Will & Well toolkit for you to take home!
($100 worth of tools such as fabric scissors, curve rulers, chalk, measuring tape, snap buttons, elastic waistband, baby-velcro, long zips, magnets, etc.)
Dates, Time & Location:
NOVEMBER / DECEMBER 2021:
20th Nov, 27th Nov, 4th Dec & 11th Dec
3:00pm – 5:30pm
at GR.ID (formerly PoMo)
1 Selegie Rd, Singapore 188306
What to bring:
– Scrap fabrics/old garments/available textiles that you’d like to repurpose!
– Necessary measurement (circumference, diameter, height, length, etc) of your pot/head/mat/cup/bottle/lunch box that you’d like to make for.